Latin Lace FlorentinesFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oats shopping list
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sliced almonds shopping list
- 1-1/4 sticks unsalted butter melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 ounces fine quality bittersweet chocolate chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 with oven rack in the middle.
- Line baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil buttered generously.
- Whisk together oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon, chili powder, soda and salt.
- Stir in almonds then add butter, milk, corn syrup and vanilla extract then stir to combine.
- Scoop heaping teaspoons of batter onto prepared sheets at least 3” apart.
- Bake one sheet at a time until cookies are flat and browned approximately 8 minutes.
- Cool on sheets for several minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
- When all cookies are baked melt chocolate a bowl set over pan of simmering water.
- Using a very small tipped pastry bag drizzle chocolate in zigzag pattern over tops.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating8 people
Oh my goodness. Another great one. Yes indeed, chili or cayenne pepper is good mixed with chocolate and very good for you. Thanks for another 5 post. Dottie T.dottiet in Woodward loved it
u seem 2 b a gr8 cook, n u'v provd it again with dis yummy recipe!iffyo in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!