Ginger-Squash Cake with White Chocolate FrostingFrom caramia 7 years ago
- Non Stick vegetable Spray. shopping list
- 1Cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1tsp baking power shopping list
- 1tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp all spice shopping list
- 1 cup finely shredded peeled butternut squash shopping list
- 3/4 cup(packed)golden brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter,melted shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1tblsp finely grated peeled ginger shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsps vanilla extract,divided shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts(about 4oz),divided shopping list
- 3 tbls whipping cream shopping list
- 3 ounces HIGH quality white chocolate( such as Lindt or Perugina) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350,spray 9x9x2 ins metal baking pan with non stick spray.Whisk flour and next 5 ingredients in med bowl.Using electric mixer,Beat squash,brown sugar,butter egg,giner,and 1 tsp vanilla in large bowl to blend.Fold in flour mixture and add 1/2 cup hazelnuts.Transfer to pan,spreading edges(Layer will be thin)bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean,about 30 min.Cool.
- Bring cream just to boil in small sauce panover med heat.Remove from heat.Add white chocolate and remaining 1/4 tsp vanilla;whisk until smooth.Let stand at room temp until thick enought o spread over cake(layer will be thin).Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup nuts over.
- CAN BE DONE AHEAD.
- Can be made one day ahead.Let stand at room temp cut into 16 squares and serve
The Cookcaramia US.
- Not added to any groups yet!