Banana Black Walnut Cake With Walnut FrostingFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 ripe bananas mashed shopping list
- 1/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup chopped black walnuts shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter softened shopping list
- 1 cup dark brown sugar packed shopping list
- 1/3 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 16 ounce box confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 2 cups finely chopped black walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 2 cake pans.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour and baking soda then set aside.
- Using an electric mixer cream together shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in mashed bananas, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Stir in black walnuts then pour into prepared pans and bake 35 minutes.
- Cool in pans on a cooling rack for 10 minutes then remove from pans and cool.
- Melt butter in small saucepan then add brown sugar and cream.
- Cook over medium low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla then transfer to a large bowl.
- Using an electric mixer beat in confectioners' sugar a little at a time until smooth.
- Sandwich 2 layers of cake with frosting then frost the outside.
- Press chopped black walnuts over top and down sides of cake.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!