Pumpkin Spice Cake With Maple Buttercream FrostingFrom jaeleepoms 8 years ago
- ***CAKE*** shopping list
- 1 pkg (18 oz) spice cake mix shopping list
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/8 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- ***FROSTING*** shopping list
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup shopping list
- ½ tsp maple-flavored extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp cream shopping list
How to make it
- FOR CAKE: Heat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 pan and set aside. (you can use cake pans or make as cupcakes too - just adjust cooking time).
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix and baking soda. Add pumpkin puree, eggs, water and oil. (You can omit oil, but I add it to make the cake extra fluffy and moist). Beat on low speed until thoroughly combined. Beat on medium speed for about 1 minute. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs. Allow to cool completely.
- FOR FROSTING: Cream together butter and shortening. Add maple syrup and extract. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and thin with cream until light and airy. Add more cream/milk/maple syrup to thin frosting to the consistency you'd like.
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cookjaeleepoms Mason, OH
The Rating2 people
This cake was so moist and light - perfect for fall - definitely will make this one again!bapatten in Mason loved it