Tomato CasseroleFrom leroux 8 years ago
- 3 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- One 28-ounce can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar ( I use a bit less) shopping list
- 2-3 Tablesppons chopped fresh basil ( I use a teaspoon od dried) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vinegar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons water shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 cups buttered breadcrumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add onions, peppers, and celery.
- Saute 3 to 5 minutes, til tender.
- Add tomatoes , sugar, basil, salt & pepper to taste. Bring to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch with vinegar and water and stir into skillet.
- Pour the mixture into a greased casserole and sprinkle with the buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes.