Creamed Ground Beef S O SFrom julesong 9 years ago
- 1 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon granulated beef bouillon shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, to taste shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or granulated garlic shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder or granulated onion (optional) shopping list
- cayenne powder, to taste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups milk shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and onion.
- Stir in the flour, granulated bouillon, salt, pepper, and garlic and onion powders (and cayenne, if using).
- Saute all together until flour is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Gradually stir in the Worcestershire sauce and milk.
- Bring it all to a simmer, stirring, and cook until thickened, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve over toast, biscuits, noodles, rice, or potatoes.
- Note: when I'm needing to avoid bread or noodles, I'll sometimes make a bunch of sauteed mushrooms and eat this over them, or sometimes with tofu. Delicious!
The Cookjulesong Seattle, WA
The Rating5 people
I've always loved SOS. Thanks for the post!leroux in Surfside Beach loved it
SOS in our family was chipped beef as well, however, in my husband's family (career military) SOS was ground beefveg in HAMILTON loved it
I used to love it when my dad (A 30 year air force veteran) would make this, I have never been able to get the gravy to come out right, but rest assured I WILL be trying this recipe soon!suiiki in Victoria loved it