Sherry Tofu and Snow PeasFrom julesong 7 years ago
- 1 lb firm tofu or extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or corn oil or soy oil, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 cups snow peas shopping list
- 2 whole green onions, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh yellow onions shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts or quartered water chestnuts shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced roasted garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Fry the tofu, covered, in 1 tablespoon of the oil until the tofu is nicely browned; remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sherry, soy sauce, and cornstarch; pour over the tofu, stir well, and set aside to marinate.
- Remove the ends and strings from snow peas and cut each one into 2 to 3 pieces.
- Blanch the snow peas in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes, then plunge them into very cold water to halt further cooking.
- In a skillet or wok heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and saute the green onions, minced yellow onion, water chestnuts, and garlic for 4 minutes; add the snow peas and cashews and stir well.
- Add the tofu together with the marinade, lemon juice, and pepper and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the snow peas and sauce reach desired texture.
- Serve immediately with rice or noodles.