Quinoa Pie with Butternut SquashFrom romy 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 butternut squash (about 1.5 lbs), peeled, halved crosswise, and seeded shopping list
- 18 fresh sage leaves, plus 1 teaspoon finely chopped sage shopping list
- 1/2 onion, cut into a 1/4-inch dice (about 3/4 cup) shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 cup quinoa shopping list
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock shopping list
- 1.5 oz parmesan cheese, finely grated shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- vegetable oil cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375. Brush 2 rimmed baking sheets with 1 teaspoon oil. Cut five 1/4-inch-thick rings of squash; cut remainder into 1/4-inch dice. Place squash on sheets. Toss with 1 teaspoon oil; sprinkle with 12 sage leaves. Bake until tender and just golden, 15-20 minutes. Let cool completely. Keep oven on.
- Heat remaining teaspoon oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, unti ltranslucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add quinoa and stock; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat. Simmer until liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 2 minutes.
- Stir together quinoa, diced squash, chopped sage, Parmesan, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Coat a 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. Arrange 6 sage leaves face down in plate; top with squash rings. Press quinoa mixture on top.
- Bake 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm/room temp.
- This recipe appeared in Martha Stewart Living magazine (11/06)