Apples Spoon SweetFrom ivy 6 years ago
- 1 kilo of small sweet apples (preferably firikia), peeled shopping list
- 1 kilo of sugar shopping list
- 2 cups of water shopping list
- 2 sticks of cinnamon shopping list
- whole cloves (2 for each apple) shopping list
- 1/2 cup of brandy shopping list
- juice of ½ large lemon (for finishing the sweet) shopping list
How to make it
- Peel apples and remove part with pips and place one clove in the top and bottom of each.
- After peeling each apple place in a bowl with lemon juice so that it will not change colour.
- Place all ingredients(except brandy and lemon juice) in a large pot and bring to a boil, occasionally stirring gently with a wooden spoon. When full boil is reached, lower heat to the lowest setting to maintain a light boil without covering (low or medium low), and cook for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Five minutes before cooking ends, stir together brandy and lemon juice and add.
- Allow apples to cool completely (or slightly warm) in the pot before removing.
- Remove apples carefully with a slotted spoon and serve one per person, with a little syrup.
- Preserve in clean glass jars.