RumakiFrom oldgringo 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1 minced garlic clove shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fine ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Five spice Powder shopping list
- 12 chicken livers; cut in half shopping list
- 24 water chestnuts, slices; drained shopping list
- 12 bacon slices, center-cut; cut in half shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the soy sauce, garlic, ginger and Five Spice Powder in a bowl large enough to hold the marinade and the livers.
- Cut the chicken livers into thirds or halves. Marinate the liver pieces at least a 1/2 hour.
- Drain before wrapping with bacon. Cut the water chestnuts into thick slices. Cut the thin-cut bacon strips in half, crosswise.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each piece of liver and water chestnut together, securing each appetizer with a toothpick through the end of the wrapped bacon and center of the liver and water chestnut.
- Place each on a plate as you make them.
- Preheat the grill or broiler and broil the Rumaki on a grill until the bacon is crisp, about 20 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
- Serve warm with Hot Mustard or other condiment of your choice.