Roasted Red Pepper SoupFrom romy 9 years ago
- 2 red bell peppers shopping list
- 2/3 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 1-1/3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1-1/3 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to Broil.
- Place the bell peppers on a baking sheet and broil them on the top rack of the oven. Turn them with tongs until all sides are blackened and peppers are soft. Put the blackened peppers in a paper bag, close tightly and let cool for 20 to 30 minutes. Then peel the skin off the peppers. Discard the stem and the seeds. Chop the peppers and set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil for 3-5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the roasted red peppers and sauté for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and the beans, stirring well.
- Use a blender to puree the soup in small batches and return to the pot over low heat for 5 minutes.