Tuscany Potato And Sausage SoupFrom ravenseyes 8 years ago
- 3 lbs potaotes 1/4" sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup onion diced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup carrot diced shopping list
- 1 cup celery diced shopping list
- 3 large garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 2 tsps italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 1/4 lb of italian sausage (sweet & hot) out of casings shopping list
- 10 cups of homemade chicken stock shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot heat 1 tsp olive oil, add onions carrots and celery cook till onion is nearly clear, approx. 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook till sausage is done.
- Add chicken stock, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasonings and potatoes. Cook till potatoes are tender, approx. 60 mins.
- Simmer for an addtional 30 minutes with lid off the pot to reduce the volume by 1/8th. Serve with a good soaking bread and enjoy.
- You could add 1 cup of heavy cream for that creamy effect.
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
The Rating3 people
I made th Katyis soup Sunday night and my husband liked it so much he had me make it again last night to take to work for their root veggies potluck luncheon today.ksinmt in Helena loved it
i am addicted to Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana-- i would travel there weekly just to have a bowl of this soup. thanks for sharing.choclytcandy in loved it
It was easy to make and was delicious! My kids even ate it!!! 5 thumbs upiamcharmed in Thomaston loved it