Over the Top Banana Custard PuddingFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2-1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 12 ounce package vanilla wafers shopping list
- 7 cups milk shopping list
- 9 medium bananas peeled and sliced shopping list
- 4 egg yolks beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Combine sugar, flour and cornstarch in a medium mixing bowl then mix well and set aside.
- Pour milk into a large saucepan then cook over medium heat until candy thermometer registers 160.
- Gradually stir one fourth of hot milk into yolks then stir into reserved dry and add to remaining hot milk.
- Cook stirring constantly until mixture thickens and coats the spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Line bottom of a glass rectangular baking dish with one third of the vanilla wavers.
- Arrange half of banana slices over wafers then top with half of the cooled custard.
- Repeat layers reserving one third of waters to crumble and sprinkle over custard.
- Chill thoroughly.