Preserved KumquatsFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
How to make it
- Boil sugar and water together for 5 minutes then cool.
- Meanwhile wash kumquats and cut small cross in blossom end of each.
- Place in cooled syrup.
- Cover and bring to boil then simmer 1 hour.
- Do not remove cover at end of cooking time or fruit will shrink.
- Remove covered saucepan from heat then cool with cover on to room temperature.
- Pack in hot sterilized jars then cover with syrup and seal.
- Nice as a relish for poultry or meat or serve as dessert with cheese and crackers.
- Also good over vanilla ice cream.