Oyster Stew With LeeksFrom dariana 9 years ago
- 1/2 cup sliced leek or chopped onion shopping list
- 1 medium potato, diced shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 2 12-ounce cans evaporated skim milk shopping list
- 1 pint shucked oysters shopping list
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 teaspoons butter-flavored sprinkles (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In 3-quart saucepan combine leek or onion, potato, water, bouillon granules, and white pepper. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7 minutes or until potatoes are done. Do not drain.
- Stir in evaporated skim milk. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add undrained oysters. Cook about 5 minutes more or until edges of oysters curl, stirring frequently. Stir in parsley. Stir in butter-flavored sprinkles, if desired. Makes 6 servings.