Canadian Cheddar Cheese SoupFrom oldgringo 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard powder shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fine ground white pepper shopping list
- 3 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1-1/2 cup cream shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1-1/2 cup shredded Chedar cheese shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter, cook onion, carrot, and celery for about 5 minutes or until tender; DO NOT BROWN!
- Stir in flour, mustard, nutmeg and pepper; cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock; simmer for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Strain, sieve or puree the vegetables until smooth.
- Add cream and milk and bring almost to a boil but DO NOT BOIL!
- Add cheese and heat until the cheese is just melted, stirring constantly.
- Add salt and stir in Worcestershire Sauce.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley, chopped chives or freshly cracked black pepper.