Butter Chicken with Rice and PoppadomsFrom hooch 7 years ago
- For the butter chicken: shopping list
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 3 tablespoons tandoori paste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dark Cane sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oil shopping list
- 5 spring onions, chopped shopping list
- 3 cups (250 g)button mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 4 courgettes, chunky sliced shopping list
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced shopping list
- ¼ cup chopped parsley shopping list
- ¼ cup chopped coriander, include stalks and leaves shopping list
- 2 cups sour cream or thick yoghurt shopping list
- extra coriander leaves to garnish shopping list
- 8 small or 4 large poppadoms shopping list
How to make it
- Cut up the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and place in an oven proof dish – a small lasagne dish or casserole. Spoon in the tandoori paste and oil and mix well to evenly coat the chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate for 2 – 3 hours or preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Add the spring onions, mushrooms, pepper, courgettes, parsley and coriander to the chicken and stir. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, stirring every now and then so the chicken cooks evenly. Remove from the oven and stir in the sour cream or yoghurt. Sprinkle with coriander leaves.
- For the poppadoms:
- Place 1 poppadom at a time on a paper towel in the microwave. Cook on high for 50 – 60 seconds until puffed and crispy. Cool on a wire rack as you cook the remainder of the poppadoms.
The Cookhooch New Zealand, NZ
- Not added to any groups yet!