Strawberry Chocolate Port CakeFrom chef2 8 years ago
- STRAWBERRY chocolate PORT cake shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup port wine divided shopping list
- 2 eggs separated shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 pint basket fresh strawberries stemmed and sliced shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream whipped and sweetened shopping list
How to make it
- In double boiler over simmering water melt butter and 1/2 cup of
- the chocolate in 1/3 cup of the port. Stir and cool.
- In mixer bowl beat egg yolks with 6 tablespoons of the sugar
- until thick and pale. Gradually beat in chocolate mixture. Mix
- in flour and remaining chocolate.
- In another bowl beat egg whites with remaining sugar just until
- stiff then gradually fold into chocolate batter to blend.
- Pour into greased and floured 9-inch round layer cake pan and
- bake at 325 F for 30 minutes. Cool in pan 5 minutes then loosen
- and invert onto plate.
- With back of spoon press shallow indentation into centre of
- cake. Toss strawberries with remaining port then spoon into
- centre of cake. Pipe or spoon whipped cream around edge.
The Cookchef2 Las Vegas, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!