Sweet Potato GravyFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2 cups julienned onions shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 pound sweet potatoes shopping list
- 3 tablespoons pure cane syrup shopping list
How to make it
- Make a dark brown roux then add onions and sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, pecans and water.
- Season with salt and cayenne.
- Bring liquid to a boil.
- Add sweet potatoes and blend to make sauce smooth.
- Stir in syrup and green onions.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!