Jack Daniels Tipsy CakeFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares shopping list
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules shopping list
- 2 cups self-rising flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups cold water shopping list
- 1/2 cup jack daniels' black label whiskey shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup butter (use real butter, plz) shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350-375 degrees, depending on how your oven bakes (it's different for everyone!).
- Melt chocolate and set aside to cool down a bit.
- Dissolve the coffee granules in the boiling water. When dissolved, stir in the cold water. Add the whiskey and set aside.
- In a large electric mixer, cream the butter, vanilla, and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the chocolate.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour alternating with the coffee/whiskey mixture.
- The batter WILL BE THIN & RUNNY. Do NOT add more flour.
- Pour into two prepared loaf pans (I always make one small and one large-one to keep, one to give away.).
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about an hour to an hour and a half. Cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when serving.