BARCARDI RUM CHOCOLATE CAKEFrom grizzlybear 5 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 1 pk chocolate cake mix shopping list
- 1 pk chocolate instant pudding 4-serving size shopping list
- 4 x eggs shopping list
- 1/2 c Barcardi dark rum shopping list
- 1/4 c Cold water shopping list
- 1/2 c oil shopping list
- 1/2 c slivered almonds or nuts shopping list
- FILLING shopping list
- 1 1/2 c Cold milk shopping list
- 1/4 c Barcardi dark rum shopping list
- 1 pk chocolate instant pudding shopping list
- 1 Envelope Dream whip topping shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour two 9-in layer cake pans. Combine all cake ingredients together in large bowl. Blend well, then beat at medium mixer speed for 2 minutes. Turn into prepared pans. Bake for 30 minutes or until cake tests done. Do not underbake. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, finish cooling on racks.
- Split layers in half horizontally. Spread 1 cup filling between each layer and over top of cake. Stack. Keep cake chilled. Serve cold. Optional: Garnish with chocolate curls.
- Filling: Combine milk, rum, pudding mix and topping mix in deep narrow-bottom bowl. Blend well at high speed for 4 minutes, until light and fluffy. Makes 4 cups.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!