Crockpot Cheeseburger MeatloafFrom grizzlybear 9 years ago
- 1 pound lean ground beef (ground round) shopping list
- 1/2 pound mild bulk breakfast sausage shopping list
- 1 egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 package dry mushroom or onion gravy mix (1 1/4 ounce) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dry minced onion, or use fresh shopping list
- 1/2 cup oatmeal shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ketchup shopping list
- 1/4 cup low fat evaporated milk shopping list
- black pepper, to taste shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- mustard shopping list
- ketchup shopping list
- 6 to 8 hamburger dill pickle slices shopping list
- thin tomato slices, about 5 or 6 (reserve remaining slices for serving) shopping list
- 4 to 8 slices American cheese shopping list
How to make it
- First, make foil "handles." Fold a 30-inch long piece of foil in half lengthwise. Place in bottom of a slow cooker with both ends hanging over top edge of cooker.The foil strip will make it much easier to remove the meatloaf when it's done.
- I also put a rack or a piece of crumpled foil in the bottom to keep the meatloaf out of the fat.
- Combine meatloaf ingredients, mixing gently until thoroughly mixed. Take half of the meatloaf mixture and make a ball. On a piece of aluminum foil, flatten to about 7 to 8 inches. Drizzle with mustard and ketchup to within 3/4 inch of edges. Top with dill pickle slices. Top pickle slices with halved tomato slices. Top with 4 cheese slices.
- Make a ball of the remaining meatloaf mixture and flatten it on a separate piece of aluminum foil to roughly the same diameter. Place it atop the first meat/stuffing round, sealing edges with fingers.
- Carefully lift meatloaf and place gently into the crockpot. Fold the excess length of aluminum foil over it. Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours on low. Using the foil and both hands, remove to a platter and cut in wedges. Serve with fries and a salad.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!