Turkey Mole BurritosFrom michellem 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup unsalted buter shopping list
- 1 white onion, minced shopping list
- 2 tsp fresh garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup tomato paste shopping list
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted and minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup anco chili powder shopping list
- 1 tbs oregano shopping list
- 1 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp all spice shopping list
- 1/2 ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1 cup chicken or turkey stock shopping list
- 4 cups coarsley shredded cooked turkey shopping list
- Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 12 flour tortialls shopping list
- sour cream, chopped onion and shredded iceburg lettuce, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over moderate heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened about 3 min.
- Add the tomato paste, almond, chili powder, oregano, cocoa, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and cumin, stir well to combine
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir the turkey and cook until warmed through, about 3 minutes
- Add hot sauce to taste(the recipe can be prepared to this point to 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Reheat before preceeding.) Preheat oven to 250*
- To assemble the burritos, heat the tortillas in the oven until warmed through but still soft, 2 to 3 minutes
- Spoon 1/3 cup of the turkey mole along the center of each tortilla and roll up neatly.
- Place 2 burritos on each plate and garnish each serving with sour cream, chopped onion and shredded lettuce
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating2 people
Thanks, for the recipe.... sounds like the start of a song, huh. I love Mexican food - if I could only get my wife to eat it. I think she will eat this Mole' if I leave out the hot stuff. A high 5! Thanks again and keep sharing.whuebl in Annapolis loved it
I just added this recipe to the group that you see.Yeah the Burritoes.I hope that people there who joined like this recipe as well.sandygalesmith in Saint Joseph loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!