Chocolate Chip Almond BreadFrom annieamie 6 years ago
- 1 loaf Bridgford frozen bread dough, White or honey Wheat, thawed shopping list
- ½ cup chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/3 cup slivered or sliced almonds shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- ----------------------- shopping list
- *Orange butter shopping list
- ½ cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- Zest of one small orange rind shopping list
How to make it
- Measure and place chocolate chips, almonds, cocoa powder and almond extract in bottom of bread machine, with kneader in place. Add thawed bread dough on top of other ingredients.
- Set bread setting on light.
- Start bread machine.
- Remove from pan when done, take out kneader finger at bottom of loaf.
- Serve with orange butter, recipe follows.
- *Orange Butter
- Add all ingredients in food processor, blend well (or mix by hand). Serve with chocolate chip almond bread. Refrigerate.
- **During the holidays, I will manually knead the dough adding the chips, cocoa powder, extract and nuts. I make either braids or rings out of the dough, let it rise for about an hour and then bake at 350 degrees until the dough has browned nicely. A light sprinkling of powdered sugar adds to the appearance of the finished and cooled loaf. I also use walnuts instead of almonds with a teaspoon of vanilla extract instead of the almond.
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating1 people
Sounds good, Anne. I'll have to try this. I even have a breadmaker rusting away somewhere. Thanks for the post.jonmic in Flagstaff loved it