Mozzarella with Herb SauceFrom flavorsofitaly 6 years ago
- 16 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 sprigs fresh Italian flat-leaved parsley shopping list
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 3 or 4 fresh mint leaves shopping list
- 5 or 6 fresh oregano leaves shopping list
- 1 Sprig fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 Tbl freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 or 3 anchovy fillets, drained shopping list
- pepper, to taste shopping list
- 2 Tbl small capers in brine, drained shopping list
How to make it
- Cut Mozzarella into 12 slices. Place on serving dish, slightly overlapping the edges.
- Place all remaining ingredients except the capers in food processor or blender, and puree.
- Pour this sauce over the cheese, and sprinkle with capers. Refrigerate, covered, for one hour. Serve at room temperature.