Cuban Black Beans with Fresh Basil PolentaFrom grizzlybear 8 years ago
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup corn meal shopping list
- 1/2 heaping cup fresh basil, chopped shopping list
- 3 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed1/2 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Boil water in a 3 quart sauce pan. Add salt and gradually sprinkle in corn meal, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Once all cornmeal is in, reduce heat to low. Continue stirring with a wooden spoon. Stir in basil and continue cooking and stirring for 10 minutes. Polenta should be thick, but still smooth. Transfer polenta to a lightly greased, 8 x 8 inch oven dish. Cool in refrigerator for 20 minutes, or longer if more convenient. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onions, cover and saute for 5 minutes. Stir in peppers and garlic. Cover and cook an additional 5 minutes. Stir in beans and salt. Cover and keep beans warm over low heat until ready to serve. Preheat oven to broil. Remove polenta from refrigerator and cut into 4 equal squares. Place on a nonstick cookie sheet. Measure 2 tbsp olive oil into a small bowl. Using a pastry brush, brush olive oil onto polenta. Broil on top rack of oven for 5 minutes. Turn polenta over and brush with olive oil. Broil another 5 minutes. Serve immediately topped with sauted onion, peppers and beans.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!