Panang Curry ChickenFrom foodmojoe 9 years ago
- 2 pounds of chicken (can use pork, beef or tofu if you prefer) shopping list
- 1 can of coconut milk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons panang curry paste shopping list
- 1-2 tablespoons fish sauce to taste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons kafir lime leaves (chopped finely) shopping list
- 1/2 cup red basil leaves (1-2 chops on these just to make them a little smaller) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of sugar shopping list
- Favorite Stir Fry Veggies (I used sugar snap peas, asparagus and onion) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut meat in to bite sized pieces, using a medium to large skillet or wok fry the meat until it is 3/4 done, remove and set aside.
- Stir fry the veggies for a few minutes (in my case just until the onion started to turn clear. Pull them off the heat and set those aside as well.
- Using medium heat add in 1/2 cup of coconut milk and let it come to a boil, careful not to burn.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of panang curry paste and stir in to the coconut milk.
- Put the meat back in to the pan and stir until fully cooked. It should only take a few minutes if the sauce is boiling but depends on the size of your chunks.
- Add in the fish sauce, sugar and remainder of coconut milk and stir until sauce thickens.
- Once the sauce has thickened add the basil and lime leaves.
- At this point, taste the dish and add more fish sauce or sugar to taste.
- Server over Jasmine Rice.
The Cookfoodmojoe Seattle, WA
The Rating3 people
It was great! Panang is my favorite curry. I did kind of mesh 2 recipes together and added a little something of my own that was similar to the restaurant where we get our panang. It was at least as good as theirs! Thank you for the great recipe!mamamia43 in Portland loved it