veggie burgerFrom martharichter 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 small onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1 small hot pepper, minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 medium red pepper, diced shopping list
- 2 cups cooked/canned black beans, mashed shopping list
- 1/2 cup corn kernels shopping list
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (or 1/2 cup flour) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced shopping list
How to make it
- On a small plate, set aside flour for coating. In a medium saucepan, sauté the inion, garlic, oregano, and hot pepper in oil on medium-high heat until the onions are translucent. Add the peppers and sauté another 2 minutes, until pepper is tender. Set aside. In a large bowl, mash the black beans with a potato masher or fork. Stir in the vegetables (including corn), bread crumbs, cumin, salt, chili pepper and cilantro. Mix well. Divide and shape 5-6 patties. Lay down each patty in flour, coating each side. Cook on a lightly oiled frying pan on medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes or until browned on both sides.
The Cookmartharichter Fayetteville, NC
The Rating5 people
this one sounds wonderful!!chell_chell in Ann Arbor loved it
I had this three times and each time it was like heaven the sweetness of the corn and the red bell pepper is like magic on my pallet. All of the flavors work together so well.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Great post Spicy and Flavorful. Thanks for sharing. RWefitobx in Norfolk loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!