Key Lime PieFrom tls419 10 years ago
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons graham-cracker crumbs shopping list
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest shopping list
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 2/3 cup fresh key lime juice shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 3 tablespoons confectioners'sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine graham crackers, butter and sugar.
- Press mixture into bottom and sides of a buttered 9-inch pie pan, forming a neat border around edge.
- Bake crust about 5 minutes or until set and golden.
- Using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment and a nonreactive bowl, beat egg yolks and lime zest at high speed about 5 minutes or until very shiny.
- Gradually add condensed milk, and continue to beat 3 to 4 minutes or until thick.
- Reduce speed of mixer to low. Add lime juice and mix just until combined.
- Pour lime mixture into crust.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until filling has just set.
- Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate.
- To serve, place pie in freezer for 15 to 20 minutes before serving. Cut pie into wedges; serve very cold, with whipped cream if desired.
The Cooktls419 Portland, ME
The Rating3 people
I love it!!! Need to make this soon!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
This is the recipe I have been looking for(there are so many key lime recipes). I'm going to try to recreate the frozen,chocolate dipped, key lime pie on a stick that they have in Key West. My granddaughter became addicted to them when we were ther...moremao65 in Griffith loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!