Mussels MarinaraFrom smurfetta 6 years ago
How to make it
- Thoroughly scrub the mussels under running water to remove the beards and grit.
- In a saucepan, combine the mussels, oil, and wine with 1/2 cup water.
- Hand-crush the tomatoes into the mixture. Cover and cook over high heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until the shells open.
- Transfer to bowls with a slotted spoon, discarding any mussels that did not open.
- Spoon the sauce over the open mussels and sprinkle with chopped parsley and oregano.
- HINT: if you use California mussels rather than those from the east coast, they are bigger and more easily removed from the shells.
The Cooksmurfetta Huntsville, AL
The Rating4 people
Looks great to me. Just like they serve at my favorite Italian eating establishment. Maybe some garlic would be good in this too.patskitchen in Wabasso loved it
I gave it a 4. I prefer white wine and no tomato.anniemay in Huntsville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!