Chocolate Frosted Coconut CookiesFrom craftyazgirl 7 years ago
- ----------- FOR 3 DOZEN cookies ----------- shopping list
- 1/4 cup soft butter or margarine shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups all-pupose flour shopping list
- 1 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- ---------- chocolate icing ---------- shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 square (1oz) unsweetened chocoate shopping list
- 3 tblespoons cream or milk shopping list
- Dash salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, not sifted, but free of lumps shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400.F
- Cream butter with sugar until blended. Add the eggs. mix well.
- Stir in sour cream, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add flour and coconut . Mix until a stiff dough forms.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400.F for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are golden around the edges and firm to the touch.
- Frost while hot, with chocolate Icing.
- ---------CHOCOLATE ICING-------
- Place butter and chocolate in top part of double boiler. Melt together over hot, not boiling, water.
- Stir in cream or milk, salt, vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Mix until a glossy spreadable icing forms. If necessary, ad 1 to 2 teaspoons more cream or milk.