Roasted Spicy Stuffed PeppersFrom chezglenn 7 years ago
- 100gr bulgar wheat shopping list
- boiling water shopping list
- 2 red peppers shopping list
- 2 yellow peppers shopping list
- 2 tbls olive oil shopping list
- 175 gr tomatoes shopping list
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 50gr chopped cashews shopping list
- 2 tbls fresh mint shopping list
- 2 tbls chopped parsley shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- lemon juice and wedges for garnish shopping list
- Dresssing: shopping list
- 125ml olive oil shopping list
- ¼-½ tsp cayenne shopping list
- 2 tbls ground cumin shopping list
- 2 tbls tomato puree shopping list
- lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oven to 200. put bulgar wheat in large bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for 30 min. or until tender and drain well.
- 2. Meanwhile, halve the peppers lengthways and remove cores and seeds. Place cut side down on a lightly oiled baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes or until softened and edges have browned, turning over halfway through.
- 3. Put the tomatoes in a bowl and cover with boiling water and leave for 2 mins.. Remove and pierce with a fork and peel away the skins, cut in half, remove and discard the seeds, then chop the flesh.
- 4. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Fry the onions and garlic 5 mins. or until soft, stirring frequently. Add the chopped tomatoes, cashew nuts, drained bulgar, mint, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring often, for 1 – 2 mins.
- 5. With a spoon, stuff the peppers with the mixture and return to the oven for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- 6. Meanwhile, whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, adding salt to taste. Arrange one red and one yellow pepper half on each plate and drizzle with a little of the dressing. Garnish with citrus wedges and salad. Serve remaining dressing separately
The Cookchezglenn Torremolinos Malaga, ES
The Rating2 people
Love it, absolutely! The ingredients are so complementary - high 5!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
The dressing elevates this dish to new levels. I find bulgar can be dry sometimes but this preparation was delicious. I would have to recommend the extra step in roasting the peppers, it makes all the difference in the flavor. Much more intense an...morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!