Fresh Chicken Noodle SoupFrom jesuslincoln 6 years ago
- 2 pounds chicken breast fillets shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced celery shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup sliced carrot shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 cups egg noodles shopping list
- Fresh minced parsley (for fancy-ness) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rub a little vegetable oil over the surface of each piece of chicken and arrange them on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven when it's done and set it aside to cool.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat. Sauté the onion and celery in the saucepan for just 4 to 5 minutes. You don't want to brown the veggies.
- Dice the chicken and add it to the pot along with the remaining ingredients, except the noodles.
- Bring the soup to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
- Add the noodles and simmer for an additional 15 minutes, or until the noodles are tender.
- Serve with a pinch of minced fresh parsley sprinkled on top.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookjesuslincoln El Dorado, AR
The Rating2 people
I LOVE chicken noodle soup, especially homemade! Thanks for a delicious recipe! High fiver! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it