Easy Fried RiceFrom dragonflylady13 6 years ago
- 2 Cups rice, cooked shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 tbsp minced garlic shopping list
- 1 Cup mixed frozen vegetables shopping list
- 1 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- olive oil (vegetable oil or other oils may be substituted) shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare rice. (I prefer to use my rice steamer, as the rice comes out in the perfect consistancy for making fried rice)
- Using either a cooking spray or a small amount of oil, slightly wet the bottom of a frying pan.
- In a small bowl, scramble eggs. Pour eggs into frying pan and let cook until cooked about halfway. Stir up, and then chop into little tiny pieces. Cook until eggs are cooked through.
- Remove from pan into small bowl.
- Again, wet bottom of pan with oil or cooking spray. (you can substitute butter, which gives the rice an even better flavor.) Add chopped onions, mushrooms and garlic to pan. Stir, then add frozen vegetables. Continue to cook until vegetables are heated through.
- Push vegetables to edges of pan, leaving an open space in the middle. Pour small amount of oil (or butter) in the center of the pan. (about 1-2 tbsp.) Allow to heat a little, then add half of rice.
- Once you hear the rice start to fry a little, mix the rice and vegetables together, until thouroughly mixed.
- Repeat this step with the remaining rice.
- Add soy sauce and mix thouroughly. (can use more or less, depending on your preferences).
- Add eggs.
- Mix thouroughly and serve.
- Note: You can add pieces of shrimp, chicken or pork.
People Who Like This Dish 52
The Cookdragonflylady13 Wichita, KS
The Rating4 people
wow!!! I just made it form my family. I doubled the recipe and that was not enough. It was so good I made more. This was sooo easy and absolutely delicious. Thanks!evvy in Marietta loved it
This was so wonderful! I used canned mixed vegitables instead of frozen and it still tasted yummy! I will prolly use 1 egg next time and put a little salt in while cooking it.ecaracap in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!