Shredded Potatoes with Sausage and ApplesFrom peacekeeper0 7 years ago
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1/2 of a 26-oz. pkg. frozen shredded hash brown potatoes (about 5 cups) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. snipped fresh thyme or 1 tsp. dried thyme, crushed shopping list
- 6 oz. cooked smoked sausage, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 medium apple, such as Golden Delicious, cut into thin wedges shopping list
How to make it
- In a 10-inch cast-iron or nonstick skillet heat the oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat. Add potatoes in an even layer.
- Cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Stir in half the thyme and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- With a wide metal spatula press down firmly. Cook about 8 minutes more or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add sausage and apple.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until apple is tender. Stir in remaining thyme.
- Unmold potatoes onto serving platter; top with apple mixture. Add salt to taste