Jamaican chicken curry slow cookerFrom danerin2 5 years ago
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into large cubes shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 1 orange or red bell pepper, cut in 1" dice shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons curry powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cook onion and pepper in oil until onion softens.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant.
- Add spices and stir for 1 minute.
- Put vegetable mixture into slow cooker crock.
- Add raw chicken on top. (I normally would suggest browning meats before adding to slow cooker, but in this case it really doesn't help)
- Pour chicken stock over all, stir, and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Season to taste, and serve with rice and green veggies.