Ooh La La Tarte NicoiseFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 1 refrigerated pie crust shopping list
- 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4 yellow and orange bell peppers, cored, seeded and sliced into thin strips shopping list
- 1 cup of sliced white onions, as thin as possible shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 5 sundried tomatoes, sliced in thin strips shopping list
- 10 anchovy fillets, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 15 black nicoise cured olives, pitted and halved shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tbsp of olive oil shopping list
- 2 tsp of fresh thyme leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Roll out the pastry dough into an 11 inch round circle.
- Transfer to a 10 inch round tart pan with a removeable bottom.
- Brush with dijon mustard very lightly.
- Grind some black pepper over the crust. Refrigerate.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet, add the yellow and orange bell peppers, onions with the salt and a little more pepper over low heat covered stirring ocassionally until completely soft and thick.
- Move to a bowl and cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Fill the refrigerated prepared tart shell with the cooled cooked peppers, using a slotted spoon. Discard any accumulated juices from the bowl.
- Decoratively arrange strips of sundried tomatoes, anchovies, olives over the top of the peppers.
- Arrange the garlic slices over the tart.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with thyme and more fresh black pepper as desired.
- Bake until the filling is bubbling and the crust is golden. about 35 minutes and let rest 10 minutes before cutting.