Chicken With Skillet GravyFrom elle 9 years ago
- chicken with Skillet gravy shopping list
- 1/2 cup fine dry seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, filleted (about 1-1/4 pounds total) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon dried sage, crushed shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 14-ounce can chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan and paprika in a shallow dish.
- Lightly beat the eggs with the milk in a bowl.
- Sprinkle chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in the egg wash, then dredge in bread crumb mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over med to med high heat. Saute the chicken about 4 minutes on one side, then 3-4 on the other side, until golden brown and no longer pink. (If you filet the breasts, they cook faster and stay juicier.)
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Melt butter in the pan, then stir in the flour and sage, mixing well, then stir in the broth.
- Keep stirring until thickened, about 1 minute. Season with pepper (and salt, if you taste it and it needs it, but it usually doesn't), then serve over the chicken.
- Great with oven baked sweet potato fries or mashed potatoes, or how about stuffing and cranberries?
- *Makes 1 1/2 cups gravy.