Pumpkin Bisque With CrabmeatFrom efitobx 6 years ago
- shrimp shells from 2 pounds of shrimp shopping list
- 2 quarts water shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 6 black peppercorns shopping list
- 3-5 celery tops shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- Few sprigs parsley shopping list
- 1 quart heavy cream shopping list
- 1 pound can solid pack pumpkin or puree from 1 (2-3lb) pumpkin shopping list
- Pinch nutmeg shopping list
- Pinch cinnamon shopping list
- ½ cup brown sugar shopping list
- Roux of 1/3 cup butter and 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1 pound backfin or lump crab meat shopping list
- crème fraiche shopping list
How to make it
- To make the shellfish stock place shrimp shells, water bay leaves, peppercorns and celery tops in large pot and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes, and strain.
- Combine 2 cups cream and 2 cups stock bring to boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and whisk in pumpkin puree, nutmeg, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Make a roux with butter and flour.
- Add Roux, a little at a time to the soup until desired thickness.
- Just before serving stir in crabmeat, being careful not to breakup lumps.
- Garnish each serving with crème fraiche and a pinch of nutmeg