Cranberry Orange RelishFrom oldgringo 8 years ago
How to make it
- Pick, wash, and drain the cranberries.
- Grate two teaspoons of the zest, the thin outer yellow skin, from the orange and set aside.
- Remove the rind, seeds, and as much pulp and skin on each section, as you can from the orange meats.
- Put the cranberries, lime juice , orange zest, and orange meats in a food processor and process in short bursts, until evenly chopped. Do not over-process.
- Stir in the sugar and refrigerate in a covered dish for at least several hours to one day before serving. Marrying improves the flavor considerably.
- Note: The zest may be removed from any citrus fruit by using a sharp potato peeler, paring knife, or a small cheese grater. Most of the flavor of the citrus comes from this thin outer skin. On the other hand the white pulp beneath the zest has little or no flavor except bitterness.
The Cookoldgringo Cottonwood, AZ
- Not added to any groups yet!