Squash Stuffed With SausageFrom lor 7 years ago
- 1 medium acorn squash shopping list
- 6 ounces bulk pork sausage shopping list
- 1 celery rib, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 tart apple peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup diced process cheese (Velveeta) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut squash in half.
- Remove seeds.
- Place cut side down in a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook the sausage, celery if desired and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Add apple.
- Cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, egg and sour cream until smooth.
- Stir into sausage mixture.
- Turn squash over; sprinkle cut sides with salt.
- Stuff with sausage mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.