Chicken PiccataFrom nlo209 7 years ago
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 3 tbsp. butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- Additional all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup canned low-salt chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup drained capers shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken between 2 large sheets of plastic wrap.
- Using meat pounder or rolling pin, lightly pound chicken to 1/4 inch thickness, and
- sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Mix 1 tbsp butter and 1 1/2 tbsp. flour in a small bowl until smooth.
- Place additional flour in shallow baking dish and dip chicken into flour to coat; shake off excess.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in each of 2 heavy large skillets.
- Add 2 chicken breasts to each skillet and cook until golden and cooked through; about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to platter; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Bring wine, lemon juice and broth to boil in 1 skillet over medium high heat.
- Whisk in butter-flour mixture and boil until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes and stir in capers, parsley and remaining 2 tbsp. butter.
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.