Sweet Potato Yogurt MuffinsFrom myrna 9 years ago
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil, plus more for pan shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour, spooned and leveled shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (or mix of cinnamon, ginger, and allspice) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 2 cups mashed sweet potato or pumpkin puree shopping list
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup turbinado sugar, plus 2 tablespoons more for sprinkling shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush 12 jumbo muffin tins (each with a 1-cup capacity) with oil; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flours, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk oil, pumpkin puree, yogurt, eggs, and 1 cup sugar to combine; add 1 cup walnuts and reserved dry ingredients. Mix just until moistened (do not overmix).
- Divide evenly and spoon batter into muffin tins; sprinkle tops with remaining walnuts and sugar. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool 5 minutes in pan.
The Cookmyrna Leuven, BE
- Not added to any groups yet!