Speedy Beef StroganoffFrom nlo209 7 years ago
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds top sirloin steak, cut into 3/4 inch cubes shopping list
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tbsp. all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup canned beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Working in batches, add steak to skillet; brown on all sides.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer steak to bowl after each batch. Add mushrooms and onion to skillet; saute until brown, about 12 minutes. Mix in flour. Add broth and wine; boil until sauce thickens and coats spoon, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Return steak and juices to skillet. Mix in sour cream and paprika. Stir until heated through about 3 minutes (do not boil). Season with salt and pepper.