Deer ChiliFrom mpierce 8 years ago
- Approx 1 1/2 lbs. chopped or ground deer shopping list
- 3-4 large onions chopped shopping list
- 1 green pepper chopped shopping list
- 1 sliced cayenne pepper (dried or fresh) shopping list
- 1 8oz. can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 sauce can of water shopping list
- 1 envelope chili seasoning shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbs. chili powder shopping list
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cumin shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. oregano shopping list
- 2 16 oz cans diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 16 oz can red kidney beans shopping list
- 1/4 cup of sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Brown deer with onion, green pepper, and carlic in a pan
- Add browned meat and all other ingredients except the sugar into a large pot and simmer on low heat for 2 1/2 hours stirring frequently
- Then add sugar and continue to simmer for about 30 min.
- Add additional water as needed depending on how thick or thin you like your chili
- Serve in a bowl topped with grated cheddar cheese and chopped onions and enjoy.
- The chili is a mild spice heat but it can easily be spiced up!!!!
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookmpierce Eure, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!