Pork With Maple And Orange SauceFrom berry 6 years ago
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 medium red bell pepper (thinly strips) shopping list
- 1 medium carrot (thinly strips) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil shopping list
- 4 pork loin, cut 3/4 inch thick (About1 1/4 pounds) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup maple syrup shopping list
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet cook onion, red pepper and carrot in hot oil till tender but not brown. Remove onion from skillet and set aside.
- Cut loin in squares, Brown in hot oil about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet. Drain fat.
- Sprinkle pork with salt an pepper. Return pork and onion to skillet. Combine orange juice, soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar, ginger and cinnamon; pour over pork loin, sprinkle raisins and bring to boil; reduce heat and cook, covered, over medium - low heat about 25 minutes or till loin is tender.
- transfer it to a serving platter, reserving cooking liquid.
- For sauce, stir together water and cornstarch; stir into reserved cooking liquid skillet. Cook and stir thickened and bubly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Mix into pork loin and serve with cooked rice.