Chocolate Pound CakeFrom chefmeow 10 years ago
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 sticks butter softened shopping list
- 3 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup cocoa shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream shortening, butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating for 1 minute after each addition.
- Measure flour and sift it together with cocoa and baking powder.
- Sift again.
- Mix buttermilk and vanilla together in a cup then add to creamed mixture alternating with dry ingredients in thirds.
- Mix gently just until well blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.