Eggnog Chocolate Chiffon PieFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1-1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups dairy eggnog shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup quartered maraschino cherries shopping list
- 6 squares coarsely grated German sweet chocolate shopping list
- sweetened whipped cream shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mix together crumbs and sugar then stir in butter.
- Press mixture firmly and evenly against bottom and sides of a pie plate.
- Build up slightly around the rim then bake 5 minutes and cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile sprinkle gelatin on water to soften.
- Heat 1 cup eggnog in saucepan over low heat to simmering point.
- Add gelatin and stir to dissolve.
- Remove from heat and add remaining eggnog and rum extract.
- Chill until partially set.
- Whip cream until stiff then fold into eggnog mixture.
- Fold in cherries and chocolate reserving some chocolate for garnish.
- Chill until mixture mounds then turn into crust and chill.
- Serve garnished with sweetened whipped cream and grated chocolate.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!