Carrot Ring MoldFrom jemison 9 years ago
- 3 c mashed cooked carrots, about 1 1/2 lb shopping list
- 1 1/2 c Ritz cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1 1/2 c half-and-half shopping list
- 1 c shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese (4 oz) shopping list
- 1/3 c butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- 1 small onion, grated shopping list
- 1 1/2 t sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 1/2 t pepper shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; mix well, and set aside.
- Beat eggs 1 minute at high speed of an electric mixer until frothy and thickened.
- Gently fold eggs into carrot mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a well greased 1 1/2 quart ring mold. ( I use a mold with a large hole)
- Bake at 350 degree for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cool on wire rack 20 minutes.
- Invert carrot ring onto a round serving platter.
- Garnish sides with a fist full of parsley leaves on each side.
- Serve Green Peas in center of ring...beautiful.