Italian Sausage Egg BakeFrom flavorsofitaly 6 years ago
- # 8 slices white bread, cubed shopping list
- # 1 pound italian sausage links, casings removed and sliced shopping list
- # 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- # 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese shopping list
- # 9 eggs shopping list
- # 3 cups milk shopping list
- # 1 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- # 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- # 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed shopping list
How to make it
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish; set aside. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spoon sausage over bread; sprinkle with cheeses.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and seasonings; pour over casserole. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.